Launched in 2020 by entrepreneur, chef, and restaurant industry veteran Josh Sharkey, meez is the all-in-one recipe tool for culinary professionals. A first-of-its-kind culinary operating system created for chefs, by chefs, meez is the epitome of user-friendly, built with operational empathy and ever-evolving product updates via industry feedback. meez is the tool that chefs have been waiting for, featuring offerings such as collaborative and sharable recipe databases, laser accurate ingredient costing, automated recipe scaling and conversions, customized training capabilities, specialized allergen identification and nutrition calculations, and much more. Currently in use by over 8000 chefs and across hundreds of kitchens over five continents, meez has quickly taken the culinary world by storm as the must-have recipe solution.
We're backed by some incredible VC's such as Struck Capital, Craft Ventures, Relish Works, and Branded Strategic as well as strategic investors such as Jose Andres and Think Food Group, Aurify Brands, the CEO of Bento Box, Shef, and Hospitality house, and Startup Investors Bobby Lo and Julian Shapiro.
We are projected to grow over 300% in the next 12 months. We have a lot of work and exciting milestones ahead and are looking for a hands-on UX/UI Designer to join us on this journey.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment. You must be a fast learner, have a user-first mentality, make data-driven decisions, and drive measurable impact. You'll be a big part of building and growing the first ever digital tool built specifically for professional culinary creators and operators.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Continually educate yourself on becoming a super user of the meez platform
- Work collaboratively with our Head of UX/UI and the Development & Product teams to execute on our product roadmap
- Build prototypes, deliver polished screens, and oversee their pixel-perfect execution on time.
- Refine and further maintain the design system that ties all of our product experiences together to both ensure a consistently intuitive user experience and an efficient development process for engineers while following brand guidelines.
- Build and improve the design to development hand off and work closely with engineers on annotations, components, and overall UI interactions
- Participate in strategy sessions to identify design problems and design elegant solutions
- Accomplish business objectives by designing user experiences that are intuitive, functional, and create magical moments for our users
Who are you?
- You’re adaptable. You thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environments that require you to wear many hats and think on your feet.
- You’re detail oriented. You have a keen eye for the small things and a passion for beautiful and functional design.
- A commitment to excellence. You have a constant drive to improve and produce best in class product.
- You get s*** done. You will be asked to roll up your sleeves and join the team on the ground floor, documenting how we work, setting up processes, identifying our weaknesses and thereafter proactively leading by example.
- 4 years UI design experience, working on web and mobile applications, Android & iOS, ideally in the B2B space.
- Experience collaborating with designers, engineers, and product managers
- Proven understanding of the end-to-end design process, including research, prototyping, usability testing, and user research.
- Thrive in UI interaction design and design systems
- Expertise with Figma.
- Experience with responsive design principles.
- Experience building dashboards and tools.
- Experience building and maintaining a reusable design system
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to soundly discuss design decisions
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with a passion for pixel perfection, consistency, organization, usability, and discoverability
- Comfortable with words, to contribute to UI copywriting
- A passion for, or deep appreciation of, cooking and the culinary community at large.
- A commitment to our First Principles
Our First Principles
- We instill operational empathy in all that we do
- We are results driven
- We take ownership of work
- Ideas without data and sound logic are just opinions
- We work with a sense of urgency and purpose
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards
- We are pragmatic optimists
- Mistakes are ok. Not learning from them is not.
- We are open and transparent
- We avoid meetings
- We question rules and norms
- Just be yourself
- White Glove service is table stakes
- Trust = Consistency + Time
- We are constantly iterating and improving
Email us here with your resume and why you would be a great fit for the role