Launched in 2020 by entrepreneur, chef, and restaurant industry veteran Josh Sharkey, meez is the all-in-one recipe operating system for culinary professionals. meez is the epitome of user-friendly, built with operational empathy and ever-evolving product updates via industry feedback. Currently in use by over 24,000 chefs and professional kitchens over five continents, meez has quickly taken the culinary world by storm as the go-to digital tool for running an efficient kitchen operation and creating consistently delicious food.
We're backed by some incredible VC's such as Craft Ventures, Struck Capital, Relish Works, and Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures; as well as incredible angel investors such as Lenny Rachitsky, Julian Shapiro, Todd & Rahul of Superhuman, Austin Rief of Morning Brew, Krstyle Mobayeni of Bento Box, and many more.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starting sales professional who can work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment. You must be a fast learner, have a customerer-first mentality, make data-driven decisions, and drive measurable impact. You'll be a big part of building and growing the first ever digital tool built specifically for professional culinary creators and operators.
Are you a results-driven sales professional with a proven track record exceeding sales quotas in the SaaS industry? Do you have a passion for connecting with prospects and turning leads into loyal customers? If so, we're looking for a Sales Account Executive to join our team and help us expand our market presence in the culinary and beverage industry.
As an Account Executive at meez, you will:
- Pipeline Management: Build, Manage and nurture a pipeline of leads generated through our self-service product-led growth model, including free users, trial participants, and cost-effective product subscribers as well as creatively finding qualified leads from external sources as well.
- Lead Qualification: Identify high-quality leads and explore opportunities to engage with potential prospects.
- Research: Continually educate yourself on industry trends, competitor offerings, customer and prospect insights, as well as leveraging data to engage as many qualified leads as possible and identify potential product improvements to increase growth.
- Customer Engagement: Develop and maintain email sequences, ensuring personalized, value-driven communication with prospects and leads.
- Outreach: Make phone calls, send emails, and utlize other direct and indirect communication tactics to engage in meaningful conversations and establish rapport, understand customer needs, and present meez effectively.
- Sales Target Achievement: Exceed sales quotas, drawing on your persuasive skills and industry expertise to close deals and drive revenue growth.
- Product Knowledge: Maintain a deep understanding of our SaaS offerings, staying up-to-date with the latest features and benefits, and effectively communicate these to potential customers.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- SaaS Sales Experience: A proven track record in sales within the SaaS industry, with a strong understanding of subscription-based software services.
- Industry Expertise: Specific experience in selling software solutions to professional kitchens and bars is a significant advantage.
- Self-Motivation: A self-driven individual with a hunger to succeed and a strong work ethic.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to build relationships and convey the value of our solutions.
- Sales Quota Achievement: A history of exceeding sales targets and a desire to consistently outperform goals.
Why Join Us
- Growth Potential: As we continue to expand and innovate, you'll have ample opportunities for career development and growth within our organization.
- Impact: You'll play a pivotal role in shaping the success of our sales efforts and contributing to our mission of transforming the culinary and beverage industry.
- Collaborative Environment: Join a dynamic team of professionals who are passionate about what they do and work together to achieve excellence.
Compensation and Benefits:
meez offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Medical, dental & vision: We offer competitive insurance for you and your dependents.
- Disability and life insurance options
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off: We want you to have time to recharge, so we don’t put limits on vacation time (within reason).
- Remote work: You’re free to work from wherever you like as long as you can make the time zones work.
- Snacks in the mail: Quarterly SnackMagic stipend so you’re never left without snacks.
- Pre-tax benefits: Save on commuting, medical expenses and childcare, so you can keep more of the money you earn.
meez will be the standard recipe tool for all food professionals worldwide
meez Company Values & First Principles
The bedrock of our company is a dedication to instilling Operational Empathy in every action we take.
We are a Results Driven organization that defines success through measurable outcomes rather than time spent or a completion rate.
We have a Bias Toward Action and decision making and a healthy acceptance of failure because the faster we ship, the faster we learn and improve.
We excel through constant Iteration and Incremental Improvements in the pursuit of customer success and product excellence.
Our First Principles
- We instill operational empathy in all that we do
- We are results driven
- We take ownership of work
- Ideas without data and sound logic are just opinions
- We work with a sense of urgency and purpose
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards
- We are pragmatic optimists
- Mistakes are ok. Not learning from them is not.
- We are open and transparent
- We avoid meetings
- We question rules and norms
- Just be yourself
- White Glove service is table stakes
- Trust = Consistency + Time
- We are constantly iterating and improving
Don’t quit reading just yet!
Research suggests that women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other people from underrepresented communities and backgrounds are far more likely (upwards of 60%!) to have given up on applying to a job at this point if it doesn’t meet 100% of their current talents. At meez, we firmly believe in a growth mindset and that our team should represent the diversity of thought and experience that is found in our customers and the food industry as a whole. meez values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
If you're ready to make a significant impact in the SaaS industry, connect with us at meez and help us revolutionize the way professional kitchens and bars operate. Apply now to become a vital part of our team and join us in shaping the future of the industry.